Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm afraid that after all the excitement about finally having the x-ray, I don't have any news.  The doctors sent the x-rays to a lab where someone of the orthopedic persuasion will look at them.  They wanted to know how quickly I will be able to see an orthopedic surgeon once I get home, so I will try to find out.  The fact that this question was asked makes me a little nervous, but I think it's because the doctors here are ER doctors, and so don't know as much about long term care for an injury like mine.  I pleaded for a walking cast, but they want to wait to hear what the x-ray reviewer says.  They also seemed reluctant to let me fly home without using the wheelchair.  So things might change, but they might not.  But I am getting stronger with using the wheelchair.  One doctor also suggested I might be able to use a walking case with a walker, but I think I prefer the wheelchair to that. 
  Anyway, my spirits are good, and I continue to get more writing done that if I was more mobile, so it's not all bad.  I'm still letting people help me more than I used to, which seems to make them feel good, so it makes me feel good, too.  And since we are crossing the Pacific now, I'm not missing any ports.
  Russia was the last port, and we reach Vancouver on the 25th.  We stop in Seattle the next day, then have two sea days to Los Angeles, which we reach on the 29th.  I get home around midnight that day.
  We cross the Date Line tonight, which is kind of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment